Dating can be tricky in the best of times and it is certainly no modern invention. Going back centuries ago, it was even more difficult when strict moral standards and etiquette made it near impossible for people to accurately convey what they were thinking and feeling. If life were a Shakespearean romantic comedy, we’d all fumble our way around until an unwitting series of amusing coincidences set everything right in the end. However, today we can take advantage of more relaxed dating rules to find the right person.
History of Dating
1. Dating & Courtship in the European Middle Ages: A brief look at how peasants and nobles were courted, when and how they could meet and what activities were appropriate.
2. Courting in Medieval India (PDF): Courting in India, in olden times as well as today, often involved family involvement in helping to pick and choose the perfect match.
3. Courtship for Early Americans: Colonists were extremely religious and chaste, and thus had very formal rules about courting and marriage.
4. Courting in Victorian Times: Dating was even more formalized both in England and America by the mid to late 1800s, and men and women who had come of age were allowed to attend balls, dinners and other events during the social season.
1. Tips to Enjoy a Blind Date: Blind dates can be nerve racking, but this article offers tips to forget expectations and have a fun evening.
2. Blind Date Safety Tips: While the key is to have fun on a date, also keep in mind that the other person is a stranger. Stay safe by limiting alcohol intake and having an alternate means of transportation.
3. Blind Date Etiquette: Dating a stranger comes with certain rules about acceptable questions, conversation and behavior.
4. Blind Date Dressing Tips for Men: The question of what to wear is what many people agonize over before a blind date. How much is too formal or too casual? This guide helps to strike a decent balance and keep things comfortable.
5. Ending a Bad Blind Date: Let’s face it, not every blind date is a winner. Several experts chime in on what to do if the evening is going downhill.
1. Intro to Speed Dating (PDF): Learn how a rabbi invented speed dating and how the concept works.
2. How to Speed Date: A starter guide on how to go through a speed dating session successfully.
3. Speed Dating Tips: This article offers tips for men (with a separate link for women) on how to make a great first impression within the brief amount of allocated time in a speed dating session.
4. Looks Matter when Speed Dating: According to a study, women rank physical looks above all else during speed dates.
5. Conversation Tips: Read about how language styles can indicate romantic compatibility between people with recorded speech examples of successes and failures in speed dating.
Dating in College
1. Dating for College Women (PDF): A research paper examining the values that modern college women place in dating and relationships and what they consider to be accepted practices.
2. College Dating versus Group Socializing: This piece compares dating in college and mixing in groups, suggesting that dating might be considered old-fashioned.
3. College Dating Violence and Safety: Although a college campus may generally feel like a safe, fun place, it is extremely important to be aware of possible dangers in college dating and how to be safe.
4. Monogamy in College Relationships: A college student’s take on modern dating styles and monogamous relationships.
5. E-Dating for College Students: Technological advances in the dating scene mean that modern dating may involve less face to face contact than before.
6. College Students in Long Distance Relationships: Many new students enter college while maintaining relationships with significant others from their hometowns. While the transition is difficult, innovations like Skype, Facebook and mobile texting help to bridge the gap.
Enjoying the Single Life
1. What Single Girls Think About Being Unattached: Find out whether your thoughts on single life are common among other single women by browsing the results of an in-depth survey.
2. Advantages of Single Life: More free time and independence are just a couple of the perks that come with being single.
3. How to Be Single and Happy: Read about using the single stage as a recovery period to get back on track and enjoy life.
4. Single Life and Dating for Seniors: Being single and rediscovering the dating world can be even more unnerving for older adults but this article dispenses some helpful advice.
5. Valentine’s Day for Singles: Avoid feeling lonely on Valentine’s Day by celebrating with friends or family.
Dating Over/Under Your Age
1. Dating Older Men: A series of tips for dating older men while taking care not to highlight the age difference too often.
2. Age Differences in Teen Dating: Advice for parents on how to discuss dating with their teens when it involves a significant age gap.
3. Tips on Dating Younger Women: Suggestions from a guy’s perspective on how to cope with an age gap in a relationship with a younger partner.
4. Effect on Age Difference on Happiness: This article suggests that an age difference in a relationship does not necessarily impact the happiness that the couple shares.
1. Development of Online Dating: A brief look at how online dating has changed from the early days of public group chat rooms to modern dating by GPS.
2. Making a Dating Profile: A four-part article with several examples on how to write an effective and fun dating profile.
3. Online Dating Tips: This helpful list of do’s and don’ts provides a general guide to successful online dating.
4. Online Dating Safety: An in-depth guide on how to stay safe while online dating, guard private details and what to do in cases of cyber harassment.
5. Pros and Cons of Online Dating: A look at the benefits and drawbacks of online dating
6. Truthfulness in Dating Profiles: Hiding behind a computer means that many people think it is acceptable to stretch the truth a little bit regarding their profile details. Learn how to be aware of such exaggeration and how to avoid it yourself.
1. Ideas for First Dates: Forget the old “dinner and a movie”! With this guide, learn how to make a first date fun, interactive and memorable.
2. Unique Date Ideas: What to do when you’re stuck in a city where you’ve already seen and done everything.
3. Romantic Date Ideas: When the relationship has progressed a little further, this list of passionate date suggestions will help turn the heat up.
4. Dating on a Budget: Learn how to have fun on a date without breaking the bank!
5. Outdoor Dates: If the weather is nice, head outside for a casual and enjoyable date.
6. Winter Date Ideas: Finding the motivation to head out in winter can be hard, but this list of creative winter dates offers some new ideas.
Dressing for a Date
1. Dressing Tips for Female Seniors: A guide for older women on how to look smart, sexy and modern for a date.
2. Date Dressing Tips for Women: Designer Michael Kors provides a number of tips with photographs to illustrate how dress for a date without overdoing it.
3. First Date Dressing Tips for Men: Women do pay attention to what a man is wearing, especially on the first date. These tips address clothing as well as grooming.
4. Men’s Fashion Tips: A number of tips regarding what men should wear for different types of dates, such as clubbing, the movies or dinner.
Reading Body Language
1. Primer on Body Language: This brief article looks at the main gestures to look out for on a date.
2. Nonverbal Communication: An in-depth examination of body language and how they convey what we are feeling without the need for words.
3. How to Read Women’s Body Language: Find out what it means when a women sends out subtle physical signals on a date.
4. Sexual Attraction Signals: An analysis of the unconscious signs that pass between men and women to signal sexual attraction.
The Bar Scene
1. Surveying the Bar Scene: A general overview of how to be noticed and click with people at a bar.
2. Meeting Men at Bars: A series of tips and tricks on how to meet men at the bar and how to strike up conversation.
3. How to Talk to Girls at a Bar: A writer offers a female perspective on what women like to hear when approached at a bar.
Dating People with Children
1. Single Parent Dating: A rundown of three key rules for single parents to live by when dating to help their children cope with the new life changes.
2. Dating Rules for Single Parents: A very valuable article on how to approach a relationship with a single parent, including determining early on any information about custody, sharing time with kids and meeting other single parents.
3. Safety and Practical Advice for Dating as a Single Parent: This list of guidelines brings to light various issues such as discussing a serious relationship with the children and involving them in activities.
4. Rules for Dating a Single Dad: Learn how to date a single father without making his children feel jealous or insecure and how to avoid conflict with the other parent.
Recovering from Bad Relationships
1. Recovering After a Breakup: The initial period of time before a breakup is usually the hardest to deal with but taking the time to assess it can help in the long run.
2. After a Hard Breakup: These tips for teens dealing with a bad breakup apply to adults as well and includes information about spending time with loved ones instead of being isolated and opening up about negative feelings.
3. Working Off Depression: A woman recovering from a bad relationship recounts how she used physical activity and dance to help avoid depression.
4. Recovering After Divorce: A divorce holds far more implications than the breakup of a casual relationship and the recovery period should be treated with time and care.
Presented by Datehookup.com Signup for free online dating.
Top Pages: single men in fort worth tx - oakland chat - dating salisbury north carolina - singles sparks nv - bethlehem chat rooms - vancouver single women - springfield single men - singles laredo texas - dating port saint lucie fl - augusta chat rooms - hollywood singles - dating saint charles mo - oshkosh online dating - lake city dating site
|Home | More Articles | Top Cities | All States | Singles Groups | Forums | Dating | Relationships|