There are four words that women (and men) don’t want to hear from the opposite sex: “Let’s just be friends.” While it can be painful and traumatic, it is actually not a bad thing! In a busy and ever changing world, with people leaving one city to live elsewhere, it seems that the lineup of friends in our life changes almost on a daily basis. That’s why you can never have enough friends, especially friends of the opposite sex.
Platonic friendship has become more popular in recent years. Men and women have a lot to share with each other as friends instead of lovers. A platonic friendship is most importantly a friendship between a man and a woman without the concerns of establishing and maintaining a relationship. All they need to be concerned with is being friends.
The origin of the term platonic friendship dates back to the time of the philosopher Plato. While he did not invent or use the term, the followers of Plato began using the term platonic as a way of describing a pure love or affection of someone that did not involve physical love. The term has been used for several centuries since, and is still used to describe a special friendship between men and women.
So, why do we need platonic friends? Other than the fact that you can never have enough friends, a friend of the opposite sex can be valuable. A member of the opposite sex can give you the point of view from that gender. For example, if you are a girl that is having problems with her boyfriend; a male platonic friend can help give a male perspective on the issue. It can be helpful to uncover where problems could exist. On the other hand a female platonic friend can be invaluable to a guy. She can help the guy pick out places to go, places to eat and can help select presents and gifts.
A platonic friendship can also be helpful if neither is in a relationship. For example, they can go out as a “couple” to dinners, movies, the theater, sporting events, parties and a host of other places. Going out with someone else, who you are not romantically involved with, can provide the duo with a pleasant night out, instead of hanging out on the couch watching television.
However, a platonic relationship has ground rules. The friends must be that, just friends. No expectations should be made that they will become more. It may happen – you never know – but being friends should be acceptable. If one of the friends finds a boyfriend or girlfriend, the other needs to be supportive. It may have an impact on the friendship, but that can be accepted.
A platonic friendship is great for both parties. It provides a source of friendship and a sounding board for each other. And, you never know, like the movie “When Harry Met Sally”, you may start out as friends and end up as lovers!
· Internet Dating Stories: A great place to find testimonials from people who’ve gotten themselves into sticky situations.
· Dating Stories: A popular place to find dating testimonials.http://www.datehookup.com/
· Links2Love: Link2Love allows you to ask Dr. Truth for dating advice. You can read other people’s questions for answers as well.
· iVillage: iVillage has an extensive dating section that offers not only advice for handling sticky situations but also advice for other dating aspects.
· Top Dating Tips: Offers a huge database of dating tips. It also points out common mistakes.
· Your Romance Guide: Dating and relationship tips for guys and girls.
· Dr. Dating: Offers dating tips. It is divided into sections so it’s easy to navigate.
· Dating Friends: Provides tips about dating people close to you.
· Dating Services: Information on online dating practices.
· How To Stay Just Friends: Offers a detailed guide on how to stay “just friends” if you find yourself attracted to a girl who only wants to be friends.
Presented by Datehookup.com Signup for free online dating.
Some More Resources singles delray beach fl - tucson dating - online dating in gainesville ga - decatur online dating - los angeles chat - dating houma la - singles in aurora - dating columbus ohio - single women in el paso tx - cedar rapids online dating - katy chat rooms - singles athens ga - owensboro chat rooms - dating fort worth tx - singles grand junction colorado - richmond singles - alpharetta chat - dating eau claire wi - singles santa rosa california - free chat in miami - ky dating - singles lawrence ks - utah men - free online dating in virginia beach - singles fort lauderdale fl - singles winchester va - wisconsin women - asheville dating - single women in michigan - singles in jersey city - singles in metairie - lafayette singles - mcdonough online dating - dating hesperia ca - utica dating - missouri dating - dating new haven connecticut - puyallup personals - duluth chat - online dating in naples fl - online dating in salem or - singles concord north carolina - singles in olympia - single men in virginia
|Home | More Articles | Top Cities | All States | Singles Groups | Forums | Dating | Relationships|