As the use of technology increases by the day, more and more people are finding that they do a great deal of their socializing not face-to-face but in cyberspace across forums, communities, and other social gathering sites. It’s so common that the internet has developed its own sociology known as cybersociology.
- Cybersociology Magazine: Offers information and critical discussions of the culture of the internet and online life.
- Internet Culture: Discusses the impact of the internet on culture as a whole as well as the development of internet culture.
- Communities In Cyberspace: Offers information on communities in cyberspace. Discusses many different aspects including the forming of an internet identity.
- Impact On Adolescent Development: Touches on how internet usage has an impact on a young person’s ability to form an identity both on the internet and away from it.
- Myspace or Yours?: Discusses the influence of the social networking site Myspace on its users.
- Cyberculture Working Groups: A place for a group of students to explore how culture, society, and the internet intersect and react with each other.
- Research On Social Networking Sites: Offers links to many research projects done about the effects of social networking sites.
- Cyberculture & Hyperculture Resources: A list of resources that discusses different aspects of cyberculture. Also focuses on the “digital divide.”
- Cyberculture & Theory: Has links to many different journals and sites that discuss the theories surrounding cyberculture.
- Cyberculture Fragments: Offers links to sites that discuss cyberspace and identity.
- Introducing Cyberculture: Delves deeply into what cyberculture is. Describes how it is formed and why it is becoming more and more popular.
- Psychology of Cyberspace: Discusses the psychological aspects of cyberspace such as identity management and personality types. Puts emphasis on the role that online communities play in developing an identity.
- Online Relationship Types: Briefly discusses the types of relationships formed over the internet.
- Zacha Forum: Forum set up to objectively discuss the implications of cyberculture including subjectivity and community on the internet.
- Social Networking Sites: Describes social networking sites, how people use them and the positive and negative impacts they have.
- Cyberculture Resources: Offers a comprehensive list of links that discuss all aspects of cybersociology. Each link has a more detailed description next to it.
- Journal Of Computer-Mediated Communication: Official page for this journal. Has information and links on all issues as well as the authors.
- Online Lives: Paper that looks into a few subjects’ “online lives.” Describes several people’s online experiences.
- Statistic Resources On Web Socilogy: Offers a vast array of cybersociology resources.
- Deviant Behavior in Online Communities: Discusses deviant behavior that occurs in online communities with emphasis on cyberbullying.
- Dating Site: The cyberculture of online dating and relationship sites is unlike the culture of any other social networking site.
- Web Sociology: Offers links to educational sites and papers written by researchers who have studied cybersociology.
- Internet Sociology: Uses real-life examples and experiences to break down how sociology works across the internet.
- Sociological Tour Through Cyberspace: Aims to guide people through what occurs in cyberspace and help them understand how it impacts them.
- Netculture Archives: An archive of papers written about different aspects of cyberculture.
Whether it’s email, MySpace or online dating, the internet has spawned its own ever-changing culture. Knowing more about cybersociology will help create a better and brighter cyber environment.
Presented by Datehookup.com Signup for free online dating.
Some Extra Pages: west palm beach online dating - ga dating site - youngstown chat rooms - dating warren mi - online dating in topeka ks - singles lubbock texas - chesapeake chat rooms - singles in odessa - grand rapids personals - elizabethtown singles - single man in akron - mesa singles - dating clearwater florida - singles metairie la - singles in santa barbara - lexington single men - appleton dating - chat springfield - free online dating in columbia - single men in louisville ky - dating pittsburgh pennsylvania - olympia online dating - al chat rooms