Infidelity is the act of being unfaithful to a romantic partner. Acts of infidelity range from revealing your partner's secrets to someone outside the relationship to adultery. It can occur in a relationship between two people who are dating or in a marriage. A single act of infidelity can poison a couple's life with feelings of distrust, anger, sadness and disappointment. One of the statistics on infidelity is that in forty-one percent of marriages either one or both people admit to being unfaithful to a spouse. In addition, sixty-eight percent of married women would have an affair if they were guaranteed no one would ever find out. Seventy-four percent of married men would have an affair if they knew no one would find them out. Finally, a poll conducted by ABC News showed that sixteen percent of adults report that they have, "..strayed from a committed relationship."
Signs That Your Partner is Cheating on You
1. Your partner's behavior has become secretive. If every time you walk into the room he or she abruptly finishes a phone call, you may have a cheating partner on your hands. Or if he or she leaves for a few hours and returns with no clear explanation as to where they were, that is also a sign something sneaky may be afoot.
2. Another telltale sign of a cheating partner is a collection of messages from an unfamiliar email address sent to him or her. In this age of technology there are plenty of ways to communicate privately with another person. A look at your partner's log of text messages may also send up a red flag if a particular number appears again and again.
3. An unusual amount of hang up phone calls is also an indication that your partner is cheating. In this era of automatic dialing, wrong numbers are not as common as they once were. If every time you answer your partner's cell phone the caller hangs up, it may be cause for concern.
4. Take a close look at his or her credit card bill. If there are a number of charges for hotel stays, restaurant meals or gift purchases for gifts you never saw, that is a sign of infidelity. The charges for hotel rooms are enough reason to sit down with your partner and have a serious talk.
5. If your significant other is spending an unusual amount of overtime at work it could be an indication that he or she is seeing someone else. A phone call to his or her workplace may help to confirm your partner's story or reveal another truth.
6. A change in your partner's appearance may be a sign of infidelity. If he or she begins dressing in an extremely stylish way for work or taking more care with personal grooming, these may be signs that your partner is trying to impress a particular person.
7. If your partner begins treating your relationship differently than before it can be a sign of cheating. For instance, for years you've enjoyed going to the movies together every Saturday afternoon. Nowadays he or she has no interest in the activity. The lack of interest may be a sign that your partner no longer wants to give effort to your relationship. An abrupt change in the level of enthusiasm your partner has for shared activities with you can be a sign that there is someone else in the picture.
If you find that your partner is cheating, you have a few options. If he or she is remorseful and you feel that the relationship is worth holding on to you can visit a relationship counselor together. An objective person who listens to both of you may be able to suggest ways of rebuilding the trust between you and your partner. A second choice is to separate from your partner for a period of time. The days apart will give you an opportunity to think of what you want for your life and whether you'll be willing to give the person another chance. A third option is for you and your partner to go your separate ways. If you look into your heart and find that you are not willing to forgive him or her, then it may be better to start over with a different person. However, after dealing with such an emotionally draining situation it would be wise to wait awhile before rejoining the dating scene.
Trust is a necessary element for the success of any romantic relationship. If you are suspicious that your partner is cheating it's best to find out the truth no matter what it might turn out to be.
Presented by Datehookup.com Signup for free online dating.
More Top Content Pages online dating in muncie in - chat knoxville - mi men - dayton online dating - new hampshire chat rooms - renton chat - singles clearwater fl - nashua online dating - free columbia online dating - dating citrus heights california - rancho cucamonga dating site - north las vegas dating site - kent online dating - wichita single men - chat kansas city - free online dating in mesa - single men in el paso - singles elyria oh - ky dating site - singles portland oregon - saginaw chat rooms - singles winter haven florida - singles tallahassee fl - singles council bluffs ia - dating fort worth texas - online dating in jersey city nj
|Home | More Articles | Top Cities | All States | Singles Groups | Forums | Dating | Relationships|