Why do people write and read love poems? Why do lovers blush and glow when they hide away to read love letters? The expression of beauty and love in literature has created many a new language, perhaps, as old as time. More than music, closer to the songs of angels, love, this sweet disease, bloom!
Beauty and Love in Poetry
Love poetry has been around forever. People write poems as a way of expressing their emotions; trying to touch the hearts of the people they love.
· Love Poetry Online : Large database of romantic love poems.
· 1LovePoems : A site with romantic poems divided into categories such as wedding poems and love poems.
· Best Love Poems : Lots of poems divided into categories like secret love and rekindled love.
Beauty and Love in Prose
Poems written in prose don’t rhyme but resemble a person’s natural speaking voice more closely. Love prose is often not as “pretty” as love poems but can be all the more touching as the author uses his or her own “voice” in conveying the emotions and beauty of love.
· Love in Prose : Some great examples of love in prose.
· Wedding Vows in Prose : A collection of prose written for weddings.
Beauty and Love in Letters
Love letters have been around as long as poetry. They are usually incredibly intimate, filled with romantic words, and pet names. Even Napoleon wrote love letters. He sent a love letter to Josephine De Beauharnais, where he called her his, “Sweet incomparable Josephine” and expressed excitement about seeing her.
· Romantic Love Letters : A long collection of love letters sent by famous people.
· Famous Love Letters : See examples of letters by Beethoven, and even Mark Twain.
Beauty and Love in Loss
Just as love can inspire poems, so can loss. Sometimes people turn to writing as a way to express their grief, and they write poems about their loss.
· Sad Love Poems : A collection of tragic poems about people who lost loved ones.
· Love and Loss in Prose : This site has excerpts of works from famous authors like Shakespeare.
Beauty and Love in the Vernacular
Many poems, written hundreds of years ago, have phrases in them which are easily recognizable today. Normally thought of as clichés, these lines still have the ability to impact us emotionally. There are even some lines that have been incorporated into poems that are many years apart because the original poems made the terms well-known.
· “Song” by Cecil Day-Lewis : This poem took the line "come live with me and be my love" and used it.
· "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" by Christopher Marlowe : The original source poem of the line "come live with me and be my love." The two poems were written at least 400 years apart, but the line was the same.
Beauty and Love Quotes
Some phrases stick with us after we hear them, and none are more memorable than something we hear about love. Many great love and beauty quotes have been preserved throughout the ages, such as:
· “Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” – Franklin P. Jones
· "Love built on beauty, soon as beauty, dies." – John Donne
· “If you have it [Love], you don't need to have anything else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.” – Sir James M. Barrie
· “Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.” – Robert Frost
Poetry about love and beauty has endured throughout the ages because poems have the ability to touch someone’s soul. There’s nothing more beautiful than a poem about love, except maybe love itself.
Presented by Datehookup.com Signup for free online dating.
Some Extra Listings singles in binghamton - singles grand prairie texas - singles in vacaville - singles sterling heights michigan - dating west palm beach florida - single women in oklahoma city ok - vero beach chat - ontario singles - dating new bedford massachusetts - free chat in raleigh - singles boston massachusetts - online dating in gadsden al - singles in fairbanks - online dating in ca - mesquite chat rooms - chat rooms in pompano beach fl - single men in new york ny - singles in palmdale - online dating in victorville ca - anderson chat rooms - olathe online dating - newnan singles - singles kennesaw georgia - free personals in las vegas - single women in sacramento - astoria online dating - hartford chat - reno chat rooms - dating cincinnati oh - paterson online dating - stone mountain singles - seattle chat line - singles newark delaware - miami singles - ut personals - personals houston tx - saint petersburg chat - singles merced ca - ypsilanti chat rooms - singles corona california - fort worth chat - dating lawton ok - single woman in saint louis - chula vista online dating - dating staten island new york
|Home | More Articles | Top Cities | All States | Singles Groups | Forums | Dating | Relationships|